PRO-TEK™ Flooring: Product Warranty
PRO-TEK™ Flooring products can only be invoked if all the following conditions have been fulfilled. In doubt, please contact PRO-TEK™ Flooring or your supplier.
|Essential||0.3mm||10 years||5 years|
|Excel||0.7mm||Lifetime *||30 years|
|Excel Long Plank||0.7mm||Lifetime *||30 years|
|Excel Tile||0.7mm||Lifetime *||30 years|
|Distressed Plank||0.7mm||Lifetime *||30 years|
|Warranty Period for 0.3 and 0.7mm||* Lifetime is defined as 35 years|
Residential: installation is defined as a private domestic residence
Commercial: installation is defined as one in which business is conducted
This warranty is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights. PRO-TEK™ Flooring offer a discretionary, prorated labour compensation scale for product which is entitled to have a repair or replacement.
|Discretionary: - Labour compensation||Prorated||Prorated|
|7mm & 3mm qualities||7mm||7mm||3mm||3mm|
- This warranty applies only to the first owner and the first installation of the product and is not transferable. The person deemed to be the first owner is the person stated as the buyer on the purchase invoice. The date of purchase is the invoice date. The original purchase invoice, duly dated and carrying the distributor’s or retail’s stamp, will need to be submitted.
- Before installation, all planks/tiles must be checked carefully for material defects under an optimal clear light condition before and during installation. Product with visible defects must not be installed under any circumstances. Installation implies acceptance. PRO-TEK™ Flooring or the distributor/retailer must be informed in writing of such defects within 15 days. After this time has elapsed, no further complaints will be accepted. Under no circumstances can PRO-TEK™ Flooring be held responsible for any loss of time, inconvenience, expenses, costs or other consequential damages caused by or resulting directly or indirectly from a problem about which a claim was made.
- This product warranty only applies to defects inherent to the material supplied. This is understood to mean any material or product defects, acknowledged by PRO-TEK™ Flooring, including delamination, reduced resistance of the wear layer and water resistance of the planks/tiles.
- All planks/tiles for the same commercial flooring project must be ordered at the same time. Compatibility of planks/tiles in repeated orders cannot be guaranteed.
- Do not allow cigarettes, matches or other very hot items to contact the floor as this may cause permanent damage. Use of inappropriate cleaning products must be avoided at all times.
- The residential lifetime and commercial warranty applies solely for indoor installation applications only. For other applications an individual written warranty must be requested from PRO-TEK™ Flooring.
- PRO-TEK™ Flooring must be installed following the PRO-TEK™ Flooring installation method, using the approved PRO-TEK™ Flooring accessories. The installer must be able to provide proof of compliance with PRO-TEK™ Flooring installation and maintenance instructions. These instructions are located on the cardboard packaging and from www.pro-tek-flooring.com. If installation is not performed by the end user, at least one copy of the installation and maintenance instructions as well as the warranty conditions (on www.pro-tek-flooring.com) must be provided to the end-user by the installer
- The ingress of sand and or dust on the floor must be prevented by installing a suitable non-rubber backed mat at all entrance doors.
- This warranty does not cover damage to the product caused by: Installation error. PRO-TEK™ Flooring products must be installed following PRO-TEK™ Flooring installation method using the approved PRO-TEK™ Flooring accessories.
- The commercial warranty is valid for PRO-TEK™ Flooring for a period of 5 years for 0.3mm products and 30 years for 0.7mm wear layer products from the date of purchase by the original buyer (the original invoice serving as the sole valid proof of purchase) for indoor commercial applications inside buildings under all above mentioned conditions. In addition to this the following must be considered.
- To see commercial areas of use, please click on link: Business sectors for commercial use. If in doubt for commercial use, please contact PRO-TEK™ Flooring.
- We strongly recommend you contact your dealer or PRO-TEK™ Flooring to discuss your commercial project in advance, to make sure you choose the right PRO-TEK™ Flooring and accessories.
- This commercial warranty has the same general conditions, values, scope, liability, applicable law and dispute resolution as for the residential warranty.
PRO-TEK™ Flooring reserves the right, and must be offered the opportunity, to inspect the complaint in situ and, where applicable, to inspect the floor in its installed condition.
Liability arising from this warranty is restricted to:
- Hidden defects. These are defects that were not visible before or during the installation of PRO-TEK™ flooring.
- The cost of removing and replacing the material is borne by the purchaser. If the product was originally professionally installed. PRO-TEK™ flooring will cover reasonable labour costs.
- PRO-TEK™ Flooring can never be held liable for any secondary damage
In cases where a replacement of the flooring is agreed upon, only new planks/tiles - of the current supply program at the time the complaint is upheld - will be supplied by PRO-TEK™ Flooring, the distributor or retailer. There will be no other form of compensation.
Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution:
No other warranties of any kind are granted, either explicitly or implicitly, including sale ability or suitability for a specific purpose. PRO-TEK™ Flooring is not liable for labour costs, installation costs or similar costs. Consequential damage, unusual damage and incidental damage are not covered by this warranty.
PRO-TEK™ Flooring shall not accept or be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, claim damages including liquidated damages.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.